Categories

Find Blogs

Friday 24 March 2017

The Night Tale

Almost all the corners are covered, all the stalls visited, quite a long time I have been roaming around the fair. The gathering of people was increasing and so was increasing my tiredness. Thought, it's time to leave, and I started walking towards the exit point. Just before I exit, the announcement started. I looked back; the event is all set to start.

Ohhh Fiona... I remembered.

She has completed a number of shows as an anchor and I have never attended any of her performance. Many a times she had told me to watch her live. With time our friendship has become even stronger. I thought to stop a while and have a look at her performance. As soon as the curtain rises a beautiful girl dressed in bright red color appeared and started a solo dance.

No, it wasn’t she... She must be in the backstage and would be preparing her anchoring. I thought of giving her a surprise with a sudden visit and I went there.

There, she's. Sitting on a chair and deeply looking at some papers. Beautifully dressed, looking perfect, an anchor, and ready to explore herself. Slowly I stepped towards her and tapped her, OMG she's really so surprised, too much excited. We took two chairs and placed just at a small distance to have a talk together. She seemed so confidant and excited while elaborating me what she's going to do in the next hours. We were happy talking to each other when a man around forty went to us and inquired

Who kept these outfits there, on the chair?

ohhh! It's me, I just kept it here” She said casually.

That was the end to the happiness, that man who seems to be the manager of the show gave a sharp blow to her and warned her not to repeat that anymore.
Everything gone, suddenly there was the cloud of melancholy. Tears of sadness and anger rolled out of her.

Is this the way you are treated usually” I asked.

“No! I can't understand why he did this” she replied, clearing her throat and gathering some courage.

And we decided to leave that show there. The arrogant man told us to meet the organizer, who brought her there before we leave. We went to him. He was an old man sitting with 4 more people around him. The manager too went there.

Before anything happens, she went to the manager and unloads all her anger on him with a sharper 
blow in return.

This is what you deserve.” she told him.

Others sitting there however managed the situation and calmed both of them. She then told everything and asked for the explanation. That old man tried his best to bring the situation under control but ended up in nothing. Finally she refused to work with such arrogant people and decided to leave.

Yes! We left the show there itself without caring anything. She didn't care how the event would go. We left; we crossed the main exit of the fair together. We reached the main road, slowly the crowd disappeared, the sound of the loudspeakers fainted and we move towards silent, darkness and towards a lonely road, we walked together.

I looked at her, she was puzzled, and her face had an unusual expression that was difficult to read. 

How would they do it in your absence?” I asked.

“I don't care” she replied.

I can't lose my dignity, and no one should. How can one work where such idiots exist!”

I looked at her. There was silence between us, a cool night with cool silver moon. She moved forward, closer towards me. Looking at my eyes she spread her arms and hugged me tight.

I could feel the sensation in me, the warmth of a bold girl. I am proud of her.

We again started walking together on the lonely road...


... And suddenly I realised. Ohhh gosh! I was dreaming. I woke up! It took a while to regain my sense. I switched on the light and sat on my bed, took a sip of  water and thought...

Was it really a dream?

and got the answer  yes it was”.

7 comments:

  1. Dream hi sehi.. Blog achchhi hai bhai..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dream part was the spoiler. Beautiful narration. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing man. Sapne hi to haqueqat main tabdil hote hain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written. But whats that dream thing. Didn't go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. That was just a dream, I narrated. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Wah what a dream.. awesome narration

    ReplyDelete